We are always trying to encourage healthier packed lunch boxes and we are trying to improve the amount of protein present.
Click here for more information.
We sent out questionnaires to all parents about the academy school meals and we also asked for healthy recipe ideas.
Here is one of the suggestions:
Low Calorie Spray
60g Wholemeal roll
1 tsp mustard powder
2 tsps. of mixed herbs
4 Skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c / 180f
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray
- Whizz the bread roll in a food processor until you have fine breadcrumbs
- Add herbs and mustard powder
- Lightly beat the eggs in a shallow bowl
- Dip the chicken in the egg and coat in the breadcrumbs
- Arrange on the baking tray and cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve with a garden salad
Mmmm sounds delicious.
If you have any healthy recipes that you would like to share with other parents please write them down and drop them into the office.